- Address: 1311 Washington St. Calistoga 94515
- Phone: (707) 942-5911
- Website: http://www.sharpsteenmuseum.org/
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Categories: Arts & Entertainment, Drop-in Program, Museums, Visiting with Kids
- Age Groups Served: Babies, Grade Schoolers, Preschoolers, Toddlers, Tweens
- Tags: museum
Description of Offerings:
The Museum’s mission is to preserve and to provide for public exhibitions and study of the history of the community of Calistoga and the upper Napa Valley.
The Sharpsteen Museum's permanent exhibits are designed to present the history of the upper Napa Valley from its pre-history to post World War I with an emphasis on people and changes brought by the period of U.S. emigration and development. In addition to its many historical exhibits, the Museum uses unique and extraordinarily extensive dioramas to depict Calistoga during its period as the elegant 1860s Hot Springs resort developed by pioneer, promoter, publisher, entrepreneur, and California's first millionaire, Sam Brannan.
Special exhibits which change every six months reflect the varied interests of the people of the Valley, and have ranged from antique silverware; to model ships; to historical musical instruments.