,

The St. Helena Public Library has had a permanent home in the City of St. Helena since 1908.  The current building at 1492 Library Lane was constructed in 1979 and is named for Dr. George and Elsie Wood, generous benefactors and longtime supporters of the library.

The Library supports every stage of life and personal development by providing space and opportunities for civic engagement, education, learning experiences, and enrichment. Our goal is to maintain and continue to achieve the best in library services by managing our resources wisely, preparing for the future, and being responsive to the changing landscape of the community we serve.

The Library is part of the City of St. Helena government, and a member of the SPLASH (Solano Partner Libraries And St. Helena) Consortium, which includes the public libraries of Benicia, Dixon, and Solano. The Library hosts free programs for children, teens, and adults.